viernes, 31 de octubre de 2008

HALLOWEEN



Halloween is a holiday in many English speaking countries that is celebrated on the night of October 31st. Children wear costumes and they go to people's homes saying "Trick or treat?" to ask for candy and then people give it to them.
The word Halloween comes from Hallowe'en. This is a contraction of All Hallow's Eve. All Hallows Eve is the day before the Catholic All Saints holy day, that was once called All Hallows (All Hallowed Souls). Hallowed means holy.

Do you celebrate Halloween? How?

6 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

Hi:
I dont like this party foreign because I think that it is one day dedicated to the dead men. But the Andalusians take advantage any day to do a party, so that I went to celebrate it a field.
REgards

Ulises 1º bach A dijo...

Hello Carlos, I'm Ulises 1 Bach. I don't like this party. In Spain, the party is first of November and it's a day to remembar our deceased. Halloween is a party the witchcraf and spirits of afterlife and I don't belive in these things.

Marcos Martín dijo...

XD. hi ,I like halloween and i think that is funny night, lately it's begining to celebrate here too. Halloween is a celtic holiday.when i was a child i used to watch nigthmare febore cristmas, it was my favorite animation film. Bye

Carlos dijo...

Hi Marcos. That's a great film indeed. I love its music. By the way, mind your spelling please!!

iron dijo...

Hi Carlos,
I don't like the party, because This festival is England,this party is not Spain,that day, I was studying but my friends went to a field

TaMaRiTa dijo...

hi carlos. I think that party is an american tradition which we are receive. I celebrated all the parties because I like that so much.this years I had been in a party in Dos Heramanas. Regards.