lunes, 4 de mayo de 2009

HOLY WEEK SWEETS

by Antonio J. Valle and J. Antonio Romero (2nd Bachillerato C Night)

In the Holy Week there are some typical sweets that are only elaborated in these dates. The majority of them are elaborated with the basic ingredients of any sweet: eggs, flour, lard and sugar.
In this country there are different traditional types of sweets, as "monas de Pascua", "torrijas", fried milk, "pestiños", rice with milk, "bollos de semana santa", "frangollo", "hornazos"... The majority of these sweets come from the medieval convents.
Two of the most popular sweets of the Spanish cuisine are:
"Torrijas" (original of Andalusia): They are slices of bread dipped in milk or in wine, which are fried in abundant oil, wet in well-trodden egg. Once fried they are dusted with sugar and cinnamon, or they can be bathed with honey.

"Pestiños" (proceeding from Castilla): They are elaborated by a mass of fried flour and it is sweetened with a lot of honey.

7 comentarios:

iron dijo...

Hi, Carlos

I have eaten many sweets that my grandmother has done in the holy week, the sweets were very good

Unknown dijo...

hi!! I like fried cookie. they are cookis with caramel. They are bery good.!!
by Inmaculada Muñoz Romero 2º bach A

tulio dijo...

hello all!My opinion is that Valle and Jose Antonio are two pestiños jejeje just kidding. Valle and Jose Antonio they have a good and delicious job

chony dijo...

hello Caros!, The truth is that I have never proved them, but I do not believe either that I like it because in my country there are a few similar fritters and I don't like them, I hate them!!

Ely dijo...

Hi carlos, I love torrijas and pestiños so my favorite seasons are spring and summer.

Carmen dijo...

I love my torrijas.
I would be eating all day torrijas.
the torrijas are very easy to prepare.

Unknown dijo...

I love torrijas! I make them, but with sugar instead of honey.

My grandmather and my aunts make pestiños every year in December, it is like a tradition in my family.

Mercedes Domínguez, 2º Bach.D