miércoles, 9 de abril de 2008

DEPECHE MODE



Depeche Mode are an electronic music band formed in 1980, in Basildon, Essex, England. The group's original line-up was Dave Gahan (lead vocals), Martin Gore (keyboards, guitar, vocals), Andrew Fletcher (keyboards) and Vince Clarke (keyboards). Vince Clarke left the band after the release of their 1981 debut album, and was replaced by Alan Wilder (lead keyboards) who was a band member from 1982 to 1995. Following Wilder's departure, Gahan, Gore, and Fletcher have continued as a trio.

Depeche Mode are one of the longest-lived, most successful and influential bands to have emerged from the New Romantic and New Wave era. They have had forty-five songs in the UK Singles Chart, as well as one US and two UK Number 1 albums. According to their record company, Depeche Mode have sold over 72 million records worldwide.

Their best known albums are: Speak & Spell (1981), Construction Time Again (1983), Black Celebration (1986), Violator (1990), Songs of Faith and Devotion (1993) and Playing the Angel (2005).

Here you are two songs by Depeche Mode:

Precious, from the album Playing the Angel.

boomp3.com

Personal Jesus, from the album Violator

boomp3.com

And the video of the song called Enjoy the Silence, played together with Linkin Park:



Did you know this group? What do you think of them?

14 comentarios:

Alecsia dijo...

Hi Carlos!!

I know Depeche Mode for many years (it is one of the favorite groups of my boyfriend). I went to one concert of them in Granada last year. It was fantastic!! There is no doubt that they are the best group of electronic music that exists.

I want to congratulate you for your blog. It’s great!!

Have a nice weekend too.

See you soon :-)

Unknown dijo...

hello!!!!!!!


i didn´t hear this group but i don´t like it

goodbye

Unknown dijo...

Hi Carlos.
I never have heard this band until now. I think they are a very good band becouse of it is so dificult to conserve a band for many years. I guess that their music is modern and very nice. I like this band since this moment, thanks for show they to us.
Good bye!

Carlos dijo...

Hi Sandra!! Welcome to the blog!
I was at that concert too. It was unforgetable!! It's my favourite group, although Albert doesn't like it.

I hope to see you in my blog many more times Sandra.

See you!!

Carlos dijo...

Hi Antonio!! It's the first time you write in this blog, isn't it? Welcome!! But you have to tell your surnames in order to identify you ok?? See you

Unknown dijo...

Hi Carlos!

I listened to the group but I don´t love music, but it should be very good when there are so many people who supported him

increible_maluva dijo...

I´m fco. luis romero guirao
I don´t know Depeche Mode is the first time that I see to the group although they sing very good

Unknown dijo...

Hello!
I don´t know nothing of these group for now, but i like the song and the video.
Goodbye.

Unknown dijo...

If it conocia, and I think that is good, I like his songs and videos.

Carlos dijo...

This is an example of how you DON'T HAVE to use a translator.

sergio*seven* dijo...

hello carlos my favorite group is the linkin park is very good.bay bay carlos

jose manuel garcia dijo...

Hi Carlos!!I had not heard this group but I like her songs and I see their videoclips very original.bye

Josemi Rodríguez dijo...

I'm José Miguel, from El Coronil (4th B of secundary school).

I like some songs of this group beacause I like old songs xD
It's a joke, it's good music

Carlos dijo...

Hi José Miguel!! Welcome to the blog!! You are the first pupil from El Coronil that writes in it. This is my favourite group, although it is a bit old, it is not old-fashioned. See you!!